Is Groupon soon to be a Web 1.0 dotcom bust?
What's driving it this time? Greed or Fear?
- When does group coupon e-mail start to look more and more like Spam and you filter the deals?
- What happens when buyers get tired of groupons for frivolous products and services? Today’s buyers want more real products and services to benefit themselves and their families.
- How many groupon clones can the market support? China already has 500. They invented the groupon so it makes sense they would have that many groupon clones operating today.
- How many daily, weekly groupons can customers in tough economic times do groupons before the whole process just collapses under its own weight?
- If every merchant does a groupon, and continues to do more groupon, will anything ever be sold for the original selling price and not at half price?
- Groupons don’t happen without a merchant. If a merchant doesn’t makes money (deal is 50% off sell price and merchant getting only 50% of the revenues. How long can merchants anywhere continue to operate in this manner?
- What happens to the profitability of a groupon if the merchants push back and pay lower profits to Groupon and clones?
- Are we going back to Web 1.0 Dotcom days when a business plan for selling dog food on-line received millions of dollars from investors?
- How long before Groupon becomes a Groupoff ? Hello Web 1.0 my old friend, its good to have you back again?